The Non-Diet Approach Guidebook for Dietitians: A How-To Guide for Applying the Non-Diet Approach in Individualised Dietetic Counsellingby Fiona Willer, APD, AN
- A clear explanation of the non-diet paradigm with supporting evidence
- A framework for dietetic practice using the non-diet approach
- Description of the five core components of the non-diet approach
- Discussion points to inform your counselling
- Worksheets which can be used in sessions to support client education or given as ‘homework’
- How to integrate the non-diet approach into the Nutrition Care Process
- Relevant domains for Nutrition Assessment, Nutrition Diagnosis, Nutrition Intervention and Nutrition Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assessment tools
- Forms to use for the client record
- Recommendations for further reading and an extensive reference list
The Non-Diet Approach Guidebook for Psychologists and Counsellors
by Louise Adams, Clinical Psychologist and Fiona Willer, Accredited Practising Dietitian
Unpacking Weight Science Podcast
Want to learn in delicious bite-sized chunks? The Unpacking Weight Science Podcast provides 20 minute 'explainer' segments (every two weeks) to help you understand weight-neutral perspectives, concepts and research, and to help you learn how to unpack weight science for yourself and others. Full show notes, resources and self-test quizzes included.
Designed for health professionals, students and anyone who wants to know more than their doctor about weight.
Low cost subscription (professional development sorted!) Subscribe via Patreon here.
- If not dieting, then what? By Dr Rick Kausman, an Australian medical doctor who has spent his career working in this field.
- Health at Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight, by Linda Bacon, PhD, a professor, researcher, author and consultant from the USA. Her research ties are with the University of California at Davis.
- Intuitive Eating: a Revolutionary Program that Works, by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch, Registered Dietitians from the USA who have spent their careers working in this area.
- Overcoming Overeating : how to break the diet/binge cycle and live a healthier, more satisfying life, by Carol Munter, a psychoanalyst and Jane Hirschmann, a psychotherapist. First published in 1988, this is one of the first and greatest non-diet approach books.
- Love what you eat, Eat what you love by Dr Michelle May, a US medical doctor who has spent most of her career working in this area.
- Diet No More by Judith McFadden, an Australian psychologist.
- Beyond a Shadow of a Diet: The Therapist’s Guide to Treating Compulsive Eatingby Judith Matz and Ellen Frankel, psychotherapists from the USA.
- Health at Every Size: www.haescommunity.org
- HAES Australia: www.haesaustralia.com.au
- The Association for Size Diversity and Health (ASDAH):www.sizediversityandhealth.org
- The Centre for Mindful Eating: www.tcme.org