Health, Not Diets associate:
Accredited Practising Dietitian
Fiona is director of The Mindful Dietitian & co-director of Body Positive Australia and has been practising for 15 years primarily in the areas of eating behaviour, eating disorders, body image, sports nutrition & education/training. Fiona is currently Nutrition Consultant at The Australian Ballet School & Racing Victoria’s Jockey Apprenticeship Program. More recently, Fiona has developed a passion for mindfulness practice, with a particular emphasis on mindful eating and the intersection of food environment, eating psychology and body image. She has trained in MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) and MB-EAT (Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness Training). Fiona is guest lecturer within Deakin University Dietetics course within the areas of eating behaviour, counselling skills and the Non Diet Approach.
Email: Fiona@bodypositiveaustralia.com.au, Twitter: @FionaBodyPosAus
Health, Not Diets associate:
Louise is the founder of Treat Yourself Well Sydney, a specialist psychology clinic for weight, eating and body image issues. She is the creator of Treat Yourself Well Online, a Member of the Australian Psychological Society and a proud member of the Association for Size Diversity and Health. Louise is determined to make a difference in changing society’s perceptions of dieting and body image, She believes that people can be healthy and happy at a range of different body sizes. She is for body diversity and hates fat prejudice. As well as her work with individual clients, Louise conducts workshops and conferences for the general public and health professionals interested in weight management. She also speaks with the media and has appeared in magazines, newspapers, radio and television to help spread the message. She blogs, she tweets, she never shuts up about these issues!
In 2014, Louise and Fiona wrote The Non-Diet Approach Guidebook for Psychologists and Counsellors together and in 2016 Louise authored Mindful Moments, a fantastic book for the public about self compassion and mindfulness.
Louise has recently been elected as a Member-at-Large on the board of the Association for Size Diversity and Health.
Email: Louise@self.net.au, Twitter: @LouiseAdamsTYW
Thinking about booking Fiona Willer for a presentation?
Here is a list of her presentations from the last few years:
- DAA National Conference 2013
- Education in Nutrition (APDs) (available for purchase)
- Griffith University 1 August 2013 (Nutrition & Dietetics students)
- Queensland University of Technology 22 August 2013 (Nutrition & Dietetics students)
- The Non-Diet Approach: a workshop for dietitians Brisbane September and November 2013
- DAA Qld Branch Networking Evening 31 October 2013 'Health at Every Size: Implications for dietetic practice'
- Live webinar for Healthy Women Queensland Wide April 2014
- Lecture for QUT Student Support Services - HAES event for International No Diet Day May 6th 2014
- The Non-Diet Approach and Advanced Counselling Skills: a workshop for dietitians (Melbourne May 7th & Oct 30th, Sydney July 19th, Perth August 20th, Adelaide November 26th)
- The Non-Diet Approach: A workshop for dietitians Brisbane May 18th 2014
- Webinar for ASDAH 'HAES and MNT' November 2014
- The Non-Diet Approach and Advanced Counselling Skills: a workshop for dietitians(Sydney March 26th & 27th, Brisbane March 30th, Melbourne July 14th)
- The Non-Diet Approach consolidation workshop (Melbourne July 16th)
- Obesity and Eating Disorders conference 'Introductory HAES workshop for clinicians' workshop, and panel member for 'HAES - Godsend or Curse?'discussion May 2015
- Mindfulness, ACT and the Non-Diet Approach (for QUT Nutrition and Dietetics students) Sept 2015
- Weaving together wisdom: Exploring the evidence for and against the Health At Every Size (HAES)/ non-dieting approach for individuals with eating disorders, DAA Eating Disorders Interest Group October 2015
- Swimming against the tide: how questioning the status quo can lead to better client care (Dietitian Connection Dietitian Day event Sydney March 11th) re-recorded here
- HAES(R) in eating disorders: a conceptual exploration- for the Association for Size Diversity and Health webinar 23 March
- The Non-Diet Approach for Dietitians: 2016 workshop series - Brisbane May 19/20, Melbourne July 6/7, Sydney Sept 19/20, Adelaide Oct 20/21
- Nutrition, Wellbeing and Body Image workshop, for Mental Illness Fellowship North Queensland 6,7,8 April.
- Working with Weight Concern: The Non-Diet Approach - for Australian Psychological Society (APS) in Sydney May 27th, Yeppoon June 10th.
- Self-Compassion for Dietitians - for DAA Tasmania Branch, in Hobart June 24th
- Working with Weight Concern: the Non-Diet Approach Melbourne 8th July
- Guest lectures at Griffith University and QUT September 2016
- Health at Every Size (R) and the Non-Diet Approach (full day workshop) for Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Health, PD day for 120 health professional staff, Canberra, March 2017
- Why take a weight neutral approach? Guest lectures x 3 for Griffith University, Gold Coast, March 2017
- Why take a weight neutral approach? Guest lectures x 2 University of the Sunshine Coast, Buderim, April 2017
- Body Image and The Non-Diet Approach in Dietetic Practice (2 day workshop for NSW Health - South Eastern Sydney Local Health District), Sydney, April 2017
- DAA National Conference: The disembodied and disengaged: are dietitians becoming distanced from the population? (workshop with Fiona Sutherland) Hobart, May 2017
- HAES in eating disorders and Q and A about the non-diet approach - guest lecture for Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Sept 2017
- The case for abandoning weight loss efforts in eating disorder treatment - invited plenary at the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Eating Disorders (ANZAED) conference, Sydney, Sept 2017
- The way we talk about weight and bodies in eating disorder treatment: why it really matters - workshop with Fiona Sutherland and Louise Adams at the ANZAED Conference (won: DAA Research Prize)
- Time for a paradigm shift: why you should consider offering weight neutral care to everyone - invited presentation at the Australasian Lifestyle Medicine 2017, Sydney, Sept 2017
- The Non-Diet Approach for Dietitians: 2017 series (2 day workshops) in Perth (June), Sydney (September), Auckland (October), Melbourne (October) and Brisbane (November)
- Working with Weight Concern: a workshop for health and fitness professionals (full day workshop) Sydney (September), Auckland (October), Melbourne (October).